The latest JASR issue (Vol. 34 No. 3) has been published with the following articles:
Introduction to the Special Issue on Religion, Spirituality and the New African Diaspora
by Victor Counted and Ibrahim Abraham
Leveraging African Spirituality and Popular Culture betwixt Africa and the African Diaspora
by Afe Adogame and Ruth Vida Amwe
Religion, Migration and the New African Diaspora
by Megan Anna Neff, Richard G. Cowden, Lisanda Masilela and Victor Counted
The Religious Encounters of the New African Diaspora in China and Malaysia
by Allen Hai Xiao and Zheyuan Deng
Whiteness, Religious Diversity and Relational Belonging
by Enqi Weng, Anna Halafoff, Danielle Campbell, William Abur, Gary Bouma and Greg Barton
You are invited to attend a webinar on ‘Methodological Challenges in Religious Studies: Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches’
Speaker/Presenter : Dr Ansgar Jödicke (Senior lecturer, Department of Social Sciences, University of Fribourg, Switzerland)
Coordinator : Dr Yaghoob Foroutan (Mazandaran University, Iran & Waikato University, New Zealand)
Time: Thursday, January 20, 2022 (8:00PM, Iran GMT+3:30)
- Critical Approaches to the Study of Religion Conference, Belfast, Queens University Belfast, 10-13 June 2022. Abstract deadline: 15 January 2022. More info.
- SAVE THE DATE: Centre for the Study of Bible and Violence, online conference, 23rd-25th May on “Healing and Harm: Intersections of Trauma, Justice and Scripture”. Details to come.
- Call for papers on ‘Freedom and Entrapment: Intersections and Collisions in Gender, Sexuality and Religion’ Abstract deadline: 1 March 2022
- Call for Papers on ‘Religion and Digital Cultures in Africa & Oceania’. Deadline: 28 Feb 2022.
- Call for Papers for a Special Issue on “Between the Opium of the People and the Quest for Salvation: Approaches to Lived Religion in Latin America” on Revista de Estudios Sociales. Deadline: 13 February 2022.
- Call for Papers: 2022 Inaugural Issues. Australian Journal of Law and Religion. Deadline: 1 March 2022.
- Associate Lecturer in Sociology, Deakin University
- Kathleen McPhillips and Sarah-Jane Page (2021) Introduction: Religion, Gender and Violence Religion and Gender. doi.1163/18785417-01102001
- Rosie Clare Shorter (2021) ‘Rethinking Complementarianism‘ Religion and Gender. doi:10.1163/18785417-bja10005
- Adam Possamai, Alphia Possamai-Inesedy & Awais Piracha (2021), ‘The diffused religious choice when applying for a university degree in Sydney‘, Journal of Beliefs & Values. https://doi.org/10.1080/13617672.2021.2010265
- David Newheiser (2021), “How hope becomes concrete“, Critical Research On Religion 9.3: 349-352.
Have you a new event, job opportunity or latest publication to share with us? Please get in touch with AASR’s new Communication Officer, Rosie Shorter at email@example.com/ firstname.lastname@example.org with details by mid of 2nd and 4th week of each month to be included in our newsletter. Thank you.