Editorship 2021-2025 | Call for Additional Editors
Application Deadline: 17th March 2021
The British Sociological Association and SAGE invite applications from cultural sociologists to join our team of Marcus Morgan and Chris Thorpe to edit and develop the journal.
In line with our commitment to diversity, we particularly welcome applications from potential editors who will help the journal reflect the diversity of BSA membership and wider society and to increase the variety of voices and perspectives within cultural sociology, particularly those who are frequently underrepresented in academic publishing.
Cultural Sociology (CUS) is currently in its 15th year of publication, and is a respected journal with an international profile. It publishes 4 times a year, including regular special issues.
– Editing, and overseeing peer review, for journal submissions, including book reviews and other types of content – e.g. special issues, regional spotlights, etc.
– Developing the intellectual strategy and editorial policy, working closely with fellow editors, the journal Boards, the BSA and SAGE
– Working with the BSA and SAGE to publicise journal content and activities and contribute to the journal’s social media activities
– Representing CUS at relevant events and conferences and within the BSA, e.g. the Advisory Forum and Publications meetings
– Reporting to and attending the annual Editorial Board meeting
– Understanding current and future trends in the journal’s fields
For more information and to apply, please see the full call: https://britsoc.co.uk/media/25473/cfa_cultural_sociology_editorship_2021_final.pdf