The International Panel on Social Progress invites comments on its first draft until the end of Dec. 2016
Browse the report on https://comment.ipsp.org/
The first draft of the report of the International Panel of Social Progress (IPSP), “Rethinking Society for the 21st Century”, is out now! We welcome comments on the online platform https://comment.ipsp.org/
This report is a product of a global initiative. It is the first comprehensive synthesis of state-of-the-art social sciences knowledge about key issues facing humankind today, and the first collaborative and participatory initiative of its kind.
Key features include:
- Written by more than 250 leading academics from all around the world
- Takes a holistic approach to social progress: not only the economy, but health, education, gender relations, political participation
- Focuses on the consequences of globalization and inequality, with a normative focus on the pursuit of justice broadly understood
- Identifies scholarly consensus as well as disagreements
- Each chapter concludes with advice to change-makers
The first international collaborative document of its kind, the report highlights the direct relevance of scholarly knowledge to social and political change, and is eventually to be published by Cambridge University Press.
In the meantime, it is open to wide public discussion. We invite comments from all concerned citizens – including, but not exclusively, NGOs, think tanks, and social entrepreneurs. Comments entered on the online platform before the end of 2016 will feed the final version of the report. Please comment, circulate and advertise widely!