Deadline to Submit to the 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting is February 3
ASA invites you to submit proposals for its 2021 Virtual Annual Meeting, August 6-10, 2021. The deadline for submissions is Wednesday, February 3, 2021, 11:59 p.m. (Eastern). We are accepting submissions for:
- Papers, which have four outlets, including Regular Sessions, Section Sessions, Roundtables, and the Student Forum. You may elect to a submit either a full paper (15-35 pages) or an extended abstract (3-5 pages)—a new feature this year. If you submit an abstract and it is accepted, plan to send the full paper to session participants at least a month before the annual meeting .
- Courses, which are half- or full-day opportunities for sociologists to gain new skills and knowledge
- Workshops, including: (1) Departmental Leadership and Management; (2) Professional Development; (3) Research and Policy; and (4) Teaching.
- Preconferences, which provide an opportunity for disciplinary peers to gather for an extended period to discuss their work related to a particular field of study, theory, perspective, question, controversy, or professional context.
- Ideas for Future Research, which are primarily networking roundtables valuable to those who are developing a new set of ideas or formulating issues and who would like to have these explored further by colleagues with similar interests.
- The Sociology in Practice Settings Symposium, where sociologists employed in government, non-profit organizations, commercial industry, research centers, and other practice settings can present abstracts that address the context-specific opportunities and challenges of their work.
- The Teaching and Learning in Sociology Symposium, which will advance the conference theme of “Emancipatory Sociology: Rising to the Du Boisian Challenge.”
Review the Call for Submissions for details. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions.