In light of its mission to foster international exchange in the sociology of religion, the ISSR invites proposals for international workshops on innovative research topics in the field to be held in 2022 or 2023. ISSR will provide co-funding to a total of EUR 10,000 shared by one to three projects.
Proposals may be submitted by a group of a minimum of three ISSR members in good standing, who come from at least three different countries;
Proposals should include confirmed and significant co-funding from at least one other source (e.g. universities, research institutes).
Proposals shall consist of
- a concise explanation of the scientific purpose and potential publication plans (three pages maximum);
- a list of potential participants to be invited and/or to be addressed through an open Call for Papers;
- a detailed budget plan and timeline of organization;
- confirmation letter(s) from co-funding source(s).
- A digital back-up plan in case covid-19 continues to represent difficulties for travelling and meeting face to face.
Winners of the grant have to send a written and financial report on the workshop not later than 6 months after the workshop has taken place.
Proposals should be sent in electronic format to the Chair of the ISSR Workshop Committee, Mia Lovheim, firstname.lastname@example.org by the 28 February 2022.
Following previous calls, the deadline for the committee to evaluate the applications and report would be 3 months later (30 May 2022).
V. Altglas, ISSR General Secretary