RC22 Call for Papers for the 2023 ISA World Congress
Melbourne, Australia June 25th – July 1st
This is an open call for papers for the Research Committee 22 on the Sociology of Religion Program at the International Sociological Association World Congress that will take place in Melbourne, Australia from June 25th to July 1st, 2023.
Religious change in a turbulent world
Around the world, life has been disrupted by the pandemic. Meanwhile, war, poverty and climate change continue to create suffering for many. Benefits produced by technology and innovation are distributed unequally. In this context, how is the role of religion in society changing around the world? How do we reconcile the spread of various forms of secularism with the entanglement of religion and nationalism? How is religion connected with freedom and conflict? What can we learn from the study of secular people?
GUIDELINES FOR APPLICATIONS
- Select session. In this call, only the RC22 hosted and co-hosted sessions appear, but you can find all the congress sessions here.
- Submit abstract from July 1st till September 30, 2022, 24:00 GMT.
- Apply through the Confex Site here.
- Only abstracts submitted online will be considered in the selection process.
- Sessions can be in any ISA official language (English, French or Spanish). Please refer to each session’s indicated language.
Before submitting your abstract:
- You must prepare a title, an abstract of up to 300 words, and up to four custom keywords
- One cannot submit more than two abstracts for Congress.
- One cannot submit the same abstract to two different sessions.
- All changes/updates should be done via the online system by September 30, 2022, 24:00 GMT.
- Once abstracts have been accepted, no changes in authorship and text can be made.
The XX ISA World Congress of Sociology will be in a hybrid format.
While we strongly advise and encourage everyone to come to Melbourne and enjoy in-person participation in the Congress, some online presentations will also be possible.
- You must select your preference (online or in-presence) when submitting your paper proposal.
- Poster Sessions will have an in-person format only.
- All sessions, including virtual presentations, will be held in Melbourne Time Zone.
- Registration fees are the same in any format (online or in-presence).
- Deadline September 30, 24:00 GMT. No extensions.
- Notification: December 2, 2022.
MEMBERSHIP & GRANTS
ISA Membership grants will be available for Ph.D. Students whose papers have been accepted in any session. Application procedure will be available after notification letters on December 2, 2022.
ISA members in good standing, active participants in the program, are eligible to apply for a registration grant. Applications should be sent to the RC Program Coordinators by January 31, 2023.
For further information about
- XX ISA World Congress, including General Program, Timetables, Registration Fees, and Rules for Submitters, visit the XX ISA World Congress Website here.
- For specific sessions, contact the session organizer directly.
- Application procedure, contact ISA RC22 Secretary Cecilia Delgado-Molina
- ISA membership, please contact ISA Secretariat at firstname.lastname@example.org
RC 22 Program Committee
- Susan CARLAND, Monash University, Australia | email@example.com
- Conrad HACKETT, Pew Research Center, USA| firstname.lastname@example.org
- Olga ODGERS ORTIZ, El Colegio de la Frontera Norte, Mexico | email@example.com
- Michael P.K. OKYEREFO, University of Ghana, Ghana | firstname.lastname@example.org