Invitation and Call for papers!
The Second International Conference on: The Impact of Religion: Challenges for Society, Law and Democracy
Uppsala University, Sweden, April 24-26th 2018
(Workshop for doctoral students April 23-24th)
Abstracts for paper presentations are invited on the following themes:
- Religion and migration
- Religion in the public sphere, media and politics
- Religious diversity, non-religion, secularism
- Religious freedom versus other human rights
- Religion and youth, family, gender, sexuality
- Religion and racism, discrimination, segregation
- Religion and violence, terror and the security state
- Faith based organisations as welfare providers, civil society, social capital
- Existential health and well-being
- Science and religion, relativism and absolutism
- and other related themes….
- Additional special paper sessions are announced on the website
Comparative papers are particularly welcome. Theoretical, methodological and substantive issues will be given equal consideration. Thematic sessions will be organised out of the accepted abstracts. The conference language is English. Selected papers will be published!
Ø Deadline for the submission of abstracts (max 200 words): October 31st 2017
The conference is hosted by The Impact of Religion Programme and Uppsala Religion and Society Research Centre at Uppsala University.
For abstract submission, programme, registration, practical information etc. see conference website: www.crs.uu.se/research/conference/