The International Sociological Association (ISA) allocated a Solidarity Fund with the objective to boost student membership and breaching inequalities between sociologists in category A countries and those in categories B and C countries. Grants will be paid from the ISA Reserve Fund. This membership grant’s deadline is 10 December 2022, it comes earlier than the deadline of 31 January 2023 for the Registration Grants. The Registration Grants are available to ISA/RC22 members only. Students can apply for both grants but it is not guaranteed to receive both.
The Research Committee on the Sociology of Religion (RC22) is entitled to allocate:
- up to 3 students from category A countries
- up to 5 students from category B and C countries
- You can check your country category here
In order to apply for this grant, you should:
- Be a current Ph.D. student (proof of enrollment is required).
- Have an active role in one of the RC22 sessions at the XX ISA World Congress of Sociology (presenter, session coordinator, or chair).
- Application letter should include a short bio, current affiliation, the title of the paper you intend to present at the ISA World Congress, and your willingness to attend in person to Melbourne in no more than one page.
- These grants are intended for those who plan to attend the Congress in person.
- Membership grant recipients will be announced on 14 December 2022.
Send an application letter and student proof to ISA RC22 Officers:
Afe Adogame (RC22 President) firstname.lastname@example.org;
Mar Griera (RC22 Vice President) email@example.com &
Cecilia Delgado-Molina (RC22 Secretary) firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: December 10, 2022 | 24:00h GMT