University of Lausanne, Institute for Social Sciences of Religions
Deadline for application: 30.10.2022
The chosen person will be working at the Institute for social sciences of religions (ISSR), renowned for its expertise in social sciences of religion, diversity and ethnicity. The University of Lausanne notably hosts FORS, the Swiss Center for expertise in social sciences.
Expected start date in position: 01.01.2023 or to be agreed
Contract length: 1 year, renewable 2 x 2 years, maximum 5 years
Activity rate: 100%
Workplace: Lausanne – Dorigny
Support of research and teaching (BA and MA levels) of the chair in sociology of religion (50% of activity rate), and writing of a PhD thesis in that research area (50% of activity rate).
- Master in social sciences, religious studies or related disciplines
- Very good knowledge of quantitative methods
- High motivation to work in a team
- Excellent organizational skills
- Languages: French and/or English, German is a plus
- PhD thesis in the framework of the sociology of religion, culture, and ethnicity, supervised by Prof. Jörg Stolz.
- Publications in high quality outlets, as single author or in co-authorship.
What the position offers you
We offer a nice working place in a multicultural, diverse and dynamic academic environment. Opportunities for professional training, a lot of activities and other benefits to discover.
Contact for further information
Prof. Jörg Stolz: email@example.com
Deadline for application: 30.10.2022 . Please send your full application (detailed CV, motivation letter, certificates, references) through our website www.unil.ch/carrieres, in PDF (no compressed files). Only applications through this website will be taken into account. We thank you for your understanding.
UNIL is committed to equal opportunities and diversity, and supports early career-researchers.